Browse Plays
Now Published
New Acquisitions
Pulitzer Winners
Tony Winners
Special Collections
52nd Street Project
Children's Plays


Page to Stage
Center Stage
atPlay Newsletter

Sign In
View Cart
Pay Invoice Fees
Edit Account
New Account
Sign Out

Author Bios
Incidental Music
Other Recordings
Sound Effects
Images and Video

Ordering Plays
Applying for Rights
Shipping Info
Reprint Rights

Contact Info

Author Sites
Industry Links

Nonprofessional Licensing

Select an application below that meets your needs. Note the description beneath each application carefully before you make your selection.

Do not use these applications if you are only interested in a royalty quote. Standard nonprofessional per performance fees may be found by viewing the play’s description page via The PlayFinder™. Note that published fees are not an indication of release for production and are subject to change without notice. Theatres with 300 or more seats will be charged higher fees than those published. Fees will be based on seating capacity, ticket price and other factors.

Musical royalties are set on a case-by-case basis. Please fill out and submit the Musical Application below so that we have sufficient information to make a price determination.


Nonprofessional Stage Performance Rights

  This is our standard application. Apply for rights to produce a full-length play, a one-act play or a complete collection of one-act plays. (U.S. and Canadian productions only.)

Stage Performance Rights for Multiple One-Act Plays

  Apply for rights to produce multiple one-act plays by the same author or by different authors. NOTE: For complete collections of one-act plays, by the same author or by different authors, use the Nonprofessional Stage Performance Rights application above. (U.S. and Canadian productions only.)

Musical Stage Performance Rights

  Apply for rights to produce a musical. (U.S. and Canadian productions only.)

Supplementary Production Materials Performance Rights

  Apply for rights to use optional incidental music (CD or sheet music), projected images (CD/DVD) or video (CD/DVD) in your licensed production. NOTE: You are required to submit this application to use any Sheet Music, CD or DVD that has a published fee. See Incidental Music and Images and Video pages for a list of titles. (U.S. and Canadian productions only.)


University Interscholastic League Stage Performance Rights

  Apply for rights to participate in the UIL competition. (TEXAS productions only.)

Scene Stage Performance Rights

  Apply for rights to perform a scene in a competition. (U.S. and Canadian productions only.)


Stage Performance Rights Outside the U.S. and Canada

  Apply for rights to a produce a play in a country other than the U.S. or Canada.

Offline Application for Nonprofessional Stage Performance Rights

  Offline application in PDF format that can be printed and faxed or mailed to DPS. If you have any trouble with the online applications or prefer to apply for rights offline, use this application. NOTE: You must allow two to four weeks for a response to all offline applications. (All productions.)


Request Change of Performance Dates

  Submit a request to change your licensed performance dates. (All productions.)

Request Cancellation of Licensed Performances

  Submit a request to cancel your licensed performances. (All productions.)